Monday, February 16, 2009

Quote

This quote was in my day planner for this week:

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
- Andre Gide

What do you think?

I think this has a lot to do with what I have been dealing with lately. Am I being myself? Sometimes I feel like nobody really knows the real me and I wonder if they did - would they like me?
I am more afraid that if I don' t start being myself soon - I will lose that awesome girl forever.
Yes, I said it - I used to be awesome. Now, I just don't think anyone but my husband has a freaking clue who I am and it is all my fault.

My solution: Move and start over - it's too hard to explain yourself when everyone already has who they think you are in their minds. I grimace when I think about what I have lost and I wish wish wish for a fresh start - to let them decide Do you love me or hate me? At least whichever you choose will be based on the real me.

Hmmmm... that was a little deep for Monday.