Wednesday, February 04, 2009

525,600 minutes...


So, yesterday when I arrived home from work I was a little frustrated and perturbed - so I decided to do the only thing that really calms me down. I cleaned. THE WHOLE HOUSE. Kyle helped of course - but we vacumed, mopped, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, dusted...you get the picture. It was an obscene amount of cleaning for a Tuesday evening. After that and a soak in the tub I settle down to a healthy dinner and some weightloss TV. This included the finale of Diatribe which I had Tvo'd from the night before and The Biggest Loser which I just started watching. I cannot believe how much weight they lose on that show! And I sit there in awe of it and it honestly keeps me from raiding the fridge for a snack. Or maybe the trainer Jillian keeps me from it - she is so scary! I am scared of her and she is on TV - if she was my real trainer I think my extra pounds would run away in fear!

Still in a bit of a funk this morning - I found my favorite CD of all time that I unearthed the night before during my cleaning spree. The RENT soundtrack. My guarantee to get in a good mode for the day. I sang/ performed all the way to work. My audience checked me out in their rearview mirrors but I didn't care! I was on stage! I definitely feel al bit better and more on the ball today - and don't worry I have the second half of the soundtrack to get me home.
What gets you back on track? A song, a movie....whenever I hear RENT it takes me back to the first time I saw it on stage. I was in that warm little theatre cocoon where nothing can distract me from the performance. I was in awe and so moved by the music and the message of the play. I fell in love even more with theatre that day and I think it will always be my favorite play. I have seen it since and yes, I saw the movie..and they all move me. Sometimes you just need your favorites things. I might even go home and watch the movie version tonight.