Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Busy??? Who me?

RANDOM QUESTIONS REGARDING CHRISTMAS THAT YOU ARE INVITED TO ANSWER EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FORTY (OR 100) OTHER THINGS THAT YOU REALLY SHOULD BE DOING

Tracy at Miller Manor shared this meme the other day and I just had to play along.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
O Wrapping paper all the way! That is half the fun! I LUV me some ribbon so I go all out on ribbon and gift tags, etc. I feel like that is part of the gift! So basically my family always knows which gifts are from Moi!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. tree(S)

I have a faint memory of a few years with real trees growing up but mainly I am an artificial tree supporter. And pre-lit all the way. Although there is something to be said for the evergreen scent! My friend (who gets real trees) said "Go to Yankee Candle and get the evergreen candle and save the trouble of the watering and the needles". Perfect Solution!

3. When do you put up the tree?

Typically I believe in putting up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year my tree was up the weekend before Thanksgiving! I just couldn't wait!

4. When do you take the tree down?
I like to wait till New Years...stretch it out as long as I can! Especially this year (our first year in a house vs. an apartment) when we actually have some space!

5. Do you like eggnog?
I love eggnog. I really LUV eggnog ice cream.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Pink Barbie RV for Barbies. It folded out and it had little dishes with it and the front part became a convertible. Even now it sounds pretty cool...

7. Hardest person to buy for?
I really don't have one. I love gift giving and I always really try to do unique and thoughtful gifts if I can. I can't think of anyone who really gives me trouble.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Kyle (my husband). Hands down the easiest person to shop for and the most fun person ever to give gifts to.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I don't. This is the first year my Christmas decor has been anywhere but on the tree.... Give me time though.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Oh! You HAVE to mail them!! So much fun to get a card in the mail and at Christmas there are tons! I like to make ours at online design places like Shutterfly, Tiny Prints, or this year I used DaySpring. I love to do a photo too!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It sang. It twinkled. It flashed. It was used in Dirty Santa one year later.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
mid November typically...but if I find things throughout the year that are perfect I will stash them for Christmas. I bought a couple gifts on my vacation to South Dakota this September.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yup!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Divinity dessert

16. Lights on the tree?
white

17. Favorite Christmas songs?

Santa Baby and Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (is that the name?)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel Travel Travel

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Dancer, Prancer, Donner, and Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, Rudolph.....I feel like I am missing one.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I actually don't have either. See my Christmas tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve with Mom and Christmas Day with Dad.....

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
working. As opposed to shopping, baking, listening to music, watching holiday movies, building snowmen, sipping hot cider...you get the idea.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree is silver and red. I like when people do all one color (like white or ivory) and then the tree is all about the textures. I love really full overdone trees that are just bursting with decorations.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
To have a wonderful Christmas with all my family. All fun. No drama. That's how I like to roll.

Copy and paste on your blog if you want to play along! Be sure to leave me a comment so I can come and read your fun list too! Merry Christmas!