So, I had found a lovely fabric remnant a month or so ago that I bought because I loved it and had no idea where I might be able to use it. And After the Nester's Mistreatment Party I was finally inspired. I picked up two tension rods at Walmart and got ready to majorly mistreat some fabric.
So here is Step One: I iron adhered the fabric to slide onto the tension rods and fit it into the window. It covered well and was double layered so it keeps the heat out but is light enough to let the light in during the day. It looked sad though...So I gave it a friend. Step Two: I used the rod the other curtain had been hanging on and hot glued the expertly folded and iron adhered piece onto the curtain rod until it looked like I wanted. Now it didn't look sad...it looked incomplete.The fabric store called my name and I knew what it wanted. It wanted me to add some little trimmy fixin's to the curtain to give it the spice it needed. So I obliged.
Step Three: A added some rope trim to the top to add a little character.
And then I added a matching tassel to hang from thr triangle valance piece to give it more of a sense or purpose. Yeah..thats what I did! I gave my mistreatment a little more purpose. yeah...Finito!I am pretty dern happy with it! It matched the room. It refused to clash with my dishes. The trim and sheen of the fabric add a touch of elegance that works better with my fleur de leis accents and it doesn't get stuck in the door everytime we go outside.
(above mentioned black and white plates)
(red fabric matches living room mistreatments)