Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thirteen Must Haves for the Beach


Well, my summer has yet to yield me a beautiful beach day but, sitting here at my desk miles from the shorelines of the Gulf I am daydreaming my way to the perfect spot on the beach. Here is my must have list - let's hope I convince Kyle that a beach day is a must ASAP.

1. The Beach Umbrella: As much as I love the sun I also love the shade and at the beach you have to have a retreat from the roasting.


2. The Cooler: Must have Beach Drinks are water water water. I hate drinking much else while I am there, except perhaps a flavored water.

3. The Best Suit: You know..the one that makes you feel pretty and not overly exposed - there is plenty of that out there. The perfect suit is very important.

4. The Cover-Up: maybe it is just me - but I strategize about what cover-up to wear depending on whether or not we are hanging out afterwards or heading back home. Do I need a casual cover-up or a cute one that becomes a dress at sundown?

5. The Towels: Even though they will all be sandy by the end of it - you gotta have em' if not just to guard your car from drippy suits on the way home.

6. The Boogie-Board: While I am not a big water fan (more of a sand crab actually)if I do venture into the ocean, I want a boogie board to relax and float on and then if I get adventurous I do sometimes concede to riding the waves into shore.

7. The Reading Material: I can't go without it.

8. The Sunblock: Well DUH!

9. The Football or Frisbee: To keep the guys entertained.

10. A Phone: So when your family from far away calls you can go, "Oh yeah...just at the beach..."

11. The Food: You will need sandwhiches, fruit and chips or some other snacky thing. Something at the beach just makes me HUNGRY!

12. The Pail and Shovel: I mean how much fun is it if no one gets buried in the sand?


13. The Deodorant: Reapply Reapply Reapply!

Have a great Thursday everyone!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!