Monday, June 30, 2008

Movin' on up!

Here it is! Our rental house.
Last weekend we went a bought a mower so we could get all domestic on our lawn. Kyle said he actually enjoyed it (the lawn isn't too large) and soon after was excited to get working on the next project. We are so excited to be in a home!
Although we moved all weekend when my Dad was here, we still didn't quite manage to get it all done. Kyle and I went back this week to get the last load or so and clean the place up before we turned in our keys.
This is moving day! My Dad is the one waving from the door!

Well, it had been well over a week since I blogged and I have got to chalk it up to the total chaos of moving. The weekend before last we had my Dad visiting and we did some major moving. And we continued to have a crazy week last week as we waded through the boxes and settled into our new casa.
We are still getting settled and organized - and I think it will be some time before we are really cozy (it is such madness moving from one place to another).
But we are happy and thrilled and getting used to the neighborhood life. Such a relief after living in apartments for years and years. When we get the house finished I will post some pictures. You wouldn't really be able to appreciate it now as there is still minor chaos in each room.
I will attempt to get back into the swing of blogging as things start to settle down for us.
Take Care!
-L