Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pottery Party

Here are some pics from our Girl's Night Out a week ago. We went to the Pottery Patch in Brandon and painted pottery and then went to Amanda's house to play Nerts and some other card games.
Once we got to the Pottery Patch we had to select our object to paint. I had the hardest time deciding what to do. I finally settled on a plate and started painting it with no real set idea or concept. Next time I plan on going with a idea of what I want to make. But the first time was kind of a trial run for all of us. Becky picked our stuff up this Saturday (it takes a week to fire and glaze it) and I was pretty happy with my plate: (see pic below)Amanda painted an ice cream bowl and Kristen painted a plate with wording on it.
Ashley painted an ice cream bowl as well and Becky painted a trophy for the Cornhole champion at their neighborhood Cul-de-Sac party. We had such a great time that we are already planning a second trip in the very near future.