Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." - Pamela Vaull Starr

Of course the person who said that would have the last name Star..how dreamy. Well, as we get older it seems harder to "Dream Big" like we used to in high school and in college. But I have found that sometimes you have to look back to those dreams and remember that they only happen by continuing towards them everyday. What do I mean? Well, in my case I have dreamed of being many things and one is an Interior Designer which is my current career. Well, in the hustle bustle of daily work I sometimes wonder if I will ever be doing exactly what it is that I want. Meaning that I would be doing my own projects and have my own clients. I wonder many days whether or not they realize that I dont have a mentor and sometimes I am swimming in this sea of architecture junk wondering why no one cares about what it looks like inside the building. I wonder if they even understand my degree. Do they get it or am I just a computer junky who picks out finishes? (trumpet music)
And then..I got an answer. I had requested a yearly review from the partners and yesterday I had it. Wow, do I have a lot of things to praise God for.... I am blessed (although often frustrated) to be where I am with the kind of ownership this firm has and the amazing wealth of experience I get to learn from. I got a lot from the review and I really feel like it was God telling me that I need to just sit tight and stop worrying about Kyle and I's next move careerwise. As much as I want to move back closer to OK...something down here fits. Anyways, like we always say at church, "Yay God!" b/c he truly is behind every blessing, act of grace, and good thing that comes are way. It is all him.

So that is why I am dreaming again. I realized I was acting like I had no future in my career when actually I am just at the beginning and I need to be patient and soak up the knowledge around me. Apply myself and not be afraid of what comes next.

And I got a design project that I am starting myself....

Lots of love-

-L