Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Livin' on Tulsa time.....

back to the beach...

Well, I am officially back on eastern time. After a hellish travel day yesterday, Kyle and I arrived safely back into Tampa with our luggage(surprisingly enough). As we had a 6:00 flight Monday morning, we opted to stay up thru new years eve since we had to leave our house mega early. This meant that by 6 we were crashing and then we got on our flight that was also flying 3 babies and 2 dogs (so peaceful and quiet...HA!). An hour and forty-five minutes later we left the airport (but, being so sweet- they left us on the tiny tiny noisy plane the whole time) so we arrived at our connection at the time our connecting flight was due to take off. Then our luck changed- they held the plane and we and our luggage miraculously arrived semi-on time at home. What a day.

So, I am back to work today and clearly I am very very busy. I was inspired by Heather's New Year's resolutions. I too have decided (like most others do this time of year) to get in shape and lose the weight I want to before my wedding. I know I can do it and I am enlisting my fiance' as well and we are pro-health for 2007 (and hopefully beyond). Starting today its coming off!! My other resolution is to figure out what it is that I really want to do (professionally) with my life. I'd also like to make some decisions considering where I really want to live or be living in the future. I love Florida but, I just don't think this is where I want to be permanently. Going home always confuses me but, I was feeling this way prior to the holidays..we'll see if it fades with time like it normally does. I dont necessarily mean moving home - I just mean that I dont know if this fits me completely. We'll figure it out though-. My other resolution is to dress more professionally at work and to work on my Florida shyness that I have somehow developed since I moved here. I need to open up and be myself in this place-no matter how hard or scary it may seem.

Seeing my friends over the Holidays was so awesome and it made me even more excited about the wedding and having all of them with me. Like usual we all got together and we fell into conversation like we see each other everyday. It's so comforting to know we have that. It's also strange how some of the relationships are so different than the others. I so miss my girls! Theres never enough time to catch up and gab the way I wish we could- but it was soo nice and I cherished every minute of our Christmas get-to-gether.

Well, thats enough for today-
Lots and lots to do!

"May God's richest blessings be upon you both today and throughout the year - and may those blessings flow through you to touch the lives of everyone you meet." -Gary Smalley

Happy New Year!