Friday, January 12, 2007

There's a storm a brewin'





As ice and snow descends once again on my home state - our cold front of upper 60's and low 70's temperatures fades out and ah, yes another heat wave. Oh, how I do love Florida (well, not really) but, this time of year it is nice. But, humidity and 90 degree temperatures in January still throw my system all outta wack. Its like being on vacation forever, setting up house there and then never flying home at the end of the trip. But maybe I will get to some day.


There has been a lot of movement in the wedding scene the past few days and I might just have some real set in stone details soon. Hopefully! Until theres a date there is only so much you can do! I have finally got into the planning thing though and I am really feeling it now! (as long as this weekend of visiting sites and hotels goes according to plan that is). Heather's and Kyle inboxes have felt the brunt of this planning surge. But, it feels good to be getting somewhere with the BIG DAY plans. Has anyone seen the new abc shoe BIG DAY? Like a wedding and life worse nightmare, but farely entertaining if you have free time to watch it or if you are a TVOaholic like me. Although I have loved the planning time, I definetely hope that work picks up next week and I dont have so much free time at work to wedding plan. It makes me feel guilty when others are working around me. But I cant create work out of thin air! Hopefully things will start stirring up next week and wedding planning can be a part time job. Actually, planning other peoples weddings would be an awesome job or the person who helps girls find their dresses..a wedding dress consultant. Why are weddings so fun to think about but marriages so hard to keep together? Scary thought.


Above are some pics of cakes I like- heath this first one is sim. to what I was trying to explain with the brown.... I think its kind of elegant looking. My friend Alyssa and I were discussing Beach Elegance last night, I think thats what I am envisioning. Beachy but classy and elegant at the same time...she vows she has seen it pulled off well before. I' m sure I will be dragging her to even more Bridal Shows in the future!

So, it is almost 5 and I have successfully used up the past 8 hours of "work time" on working on my wedding. I am so excited! Tomorrow we are going to Anna Maria Island to look at some wedding possibilities! Lots of love and have a great weekend!

(singing) We're havin' a heat wave......a tropical heat wave....
stay warm okies!

-L