Monday, February 04, 2008

My Shockingly Amazing Completely Exciting and Super Dull Relaxing Weekend.

Friday started out semi normal, a stress free friday at work thankfully casual in my blue jeans. I rushed home, slapped on some lipstick and was back out the door and on my way to Brandon for a girl's movie night with a side of Barnes and Noble. My friend Amanda and I did this last weekend and had so much fun we went again! This time we dragged our friend Quinn along and we got our popcorn, nachos, icee's etc. and watched "Over Her Dead Body" with Eva Longoria and Paul Rudd. It was a little corny but really cute and afterwards we went to Chilis and then to Barnes and Noble where I searched desperately thru the magazines for a picture for a new haircut and Mandy and Quin picked out a book that we are all going to read together. I had recommended The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks to Amanda the week before and she absolutely loved it and is set on beginning to read a lot more. We had so much fun talking about the book that we decided it might be fun to read another. So we have the book picked out and we are pretty excited! After a fun filled night of girl talk I collapsed into bed exhausted.
On Saturday I went to my hair appointment and got a fresh new look with some highlights. It was a little tragic at the end - I spend an hour in the bathroom with scissors getting my new bangs perfect. I dont know why but I have such a hard time saying anything at the hair stylist if I am unhappy. Anywhoo- I fixed it and I love my new do! It is pretty different but still long. Just a bit more fun!
We had a very much delayed Christmas party for Kyle's work Saturday night in tampa at our favorite Italian restaurant, Maggianos. It was delicious and lots of fun. Afterwards a few of us cruised the mall and being the shopping diva that I am..I found a great deal and gave more of my hard earned cash to Ann Taylor Loft (sigh).
Sunday was pretty low key and that evening we went to our friend Brandon's for a little Super Bowl Party. We had fun and half watched the game while playing alternating boards of Mastermind (Amanda's new obsession and recently purchase ebay treasure). It was fun and we ended up home late and very sleepy.
This morning came much much too soon.
So that was that.
A Happy Groundhog's Day was had by all the groundhog's scattered about. Although separate this year, we burned up the phone lines with calls and text messages. Everyoen seemed to love my little surprise this year, a small 5x7 photo book filled with pics and stories of us (via my new obsession, Shutterfly.com) Love you girls!

Happy Monday!

L. Hall