Thursday, August 02, 2007

You say it's your birthday? Well, it's my birthday too!!!

I was feeling as though 24 might be a real milestone of age..."am I old?" , I asked myself in the mirror this morning? Nah.... not yet I assured myself. Then I took my back pain medication, grabbed my double shot of expresso latte, my giant granny purse and I hopped in my Taurus and drove 45 the whole way to work. Yeah, I'm not old at all.

I have been blessed in so many ways already this morning. I was blessed with a fiance' who was so excited about his gift to me that he had me open it at midnight last night! I am blessed with good friends who remembered at lifegroup last night about my special day. I have been showered with cards this week and it is just now my birthday. I am sitting at a desk with a bouquet of daises and a balloon - eating donuts with my co-workers (because we believe in donuts for any occasion here at SCMH!)
I have had a hysterical Whitney Houston/Elvis solo version of the birthday song (accapella I might add) by my good friend Amanda.... I have been sung to this morning by my sister in law who called me first thing! I just feel soooo..what is the word? Blessed.

My desk calendar had this to say to me as I settled into my chair this morning: "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us." Psalm 67:1

I have done nothing great or amazing to serve God as I should and yet his blessings are amazing and his grace unfathomable.

Praise God!

Thank you all for a special day and friends and family to celebrate with!

Love,

Les