Friday, August 03, 2007

Wisdom from a 24 year old

Perhaps an ironic combo but we'll see what you think:
Now at the ripe old age of twenty and four years, I thought it best to share with you some of the life lessons I have learned in my twenty three years on this earth and perhaps even a few I have learned in my brief twenty fourth (of course feel free to snore, guffaw, or scan and move on to more important things.)

And away we go....

*This last year I have learned that following your heart can be a great move
*I have also learned that there are many many people that will come in and out of your life and sometimes you need to pay close attention to who you spend your time with.
*I have learned that work is going to be a part of my life for a long time, so I better settle in!
*I have learned that family is so very important to who we are in this life.
*I have learned that living in a new place can be your best and worst decisions at the same time.
* I have learned that eggs are not a good start to my morning.
* I have learned that Milk doesnt always do a body good.
*I have learned how to crave a cup of coffee.
*I have learned that love is easy, but life is hard.
* People make decisions and life choices and never think about my opinion (this is a maturing lesson)
*I have learned that I deep down under my superclean persona...I am a big slob.
*I have learned how to love someone.
*I am still working on learning how to let myself be loved.
*I have learned that a wedding is an overgrown, overrated, hilarious detail oriented, party only invented so women can obsess over all the things we love to obsess about and have an excuse, because, "We are getting married!"
*I have learned that the "marriage" part starts after you accept the ring.
*I have accepted fully that I am a shopaholic and should be watched carefully
*I have learned that I am not ashamed of who I am
*I have learned that I am proud of what God has accomplished in my life
*I am trying to learn how to love, serve and honor God as I should
*I have learned that we are all very very different
*I have learned to love orchids. (this was not a hard task, they are gorgeous)

Since turning 24....
* I have learned that donuts are bad for you. Who knew!
* I eat way too much for no reason at all.
* I am way too lucky to have so many amazing people in my life that care for me.
* I have confirmed that I love balloons.
* I have learned that it's easy to ruin something when you let your expections build up beyond belief.
* I have learned that to be wrapped up in a hug in his arms at the end of the day is all I really need.

I love you Kyle!

Have a fabulous weekend all!

-Leslie