Friday, August 17, 2007

Sweet Home Oklahoma

Alabama would be closer but, i am headed to Okrahoma this evening and I am beyond excitement! In a huge decision making process last night my beloved fiance' decided not to cancel his ticket and to come home with me. The process included a pro con list, much discussion, a coin toss, and papers with "go" and "stay" put into a hat. In the end I convinced him that he wanted to go so he should just go! It's a quick trip but it will be nice to get away for a few days and spend some time with family and friends. He is going to play golf and hang out with my dad while we do the previously planned "girl stuff". I can't wait to see my dress! Lets cross our fingers that it fits!

And now to play Tracy's game:
Here are the rules if you are my blog readers and have no idea what Tracy's game is:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things
and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

(I'm gonna follow Tracy's lead here and not tag anyone - post 'em and play along if you want!)

My 8 Random Facts/Habits:

1. I have been a Sonic Carhop, worked in a Sport’s store, Served Custard at Shakey’s, Been a preschool babysitter at the YMCA/ this included riding the bus in the morning and afternoon with the other age kiddos, Been a Drama instructor/Counselor at a summer camp where my claim to fame was meeting a rattlesnake, a wasp, and a sharp edge of a pontoon boat all in one afternoon among other outdoorsy things that don’t really sound like me at all. I was a president of my college club-Kappa Phi- where the only answer is “I’d love to!”, the mascot in high school for bit, the editor of the yearbook, a lead in a play, the quiet kid in class, a parking attendant for the Plant City Strawberry Festival (2 years running), and an Interior Designer/Architecture Intern/Gopher/Receptionist/Color and Finish Advisor/ AutoCad Technician. And I am only 24? What else could God possibly have in store for me next? Oh yeah! He is making me a wife on November 3rd!

2. I am detailed oriented to a degree that sometimes scares even myself. My blessing
is that details are the core of my career so that is good. My curse...I live in a world of lists created by me!

3. Hello. My name is Leslie and I am a Shopaholic. Currently undergoing intense counseling from my future money conscious husband.


4. I have lived an interesting life so far. I have seen and felt a lot and I am happy to be who I am even with all my discrepancies. I have been on the in skirts of several divorces – I have learned more about marriage, commitment (or the lack of), courage, and selfishness than most 24 year olds I know (but not all). I also have learned that I know nothing (which is a valuable lesson I think). I have loved and lost but, loved again. I have tried and failed. I have walked away from my faith and almost everything I knew. I have ran back into the Father’s open arms when he opened my eyes. I have seen abuse but not felt it. Sadly I have witnessed alcoholism and drug use. I have lost people I loved. I have moved away from everything that was familiar and comfortable and started anew. I am a dreamer who prefers the streets of Manhattan to a field of flowers. I am a reader who prefers an old classic with the cover falling off to a new novel by the latest and greatest. I am a singer who cannot sing (don’t think that stops me). I am brave – but I am as scared as a mouse. I am happy – but never content to sit still.

5. I know the difference between a Louis XV and Louis XIV chair. I also know how a building is built and how it stands up. I even know how to attach a roof! I can even draw it for you! I comment on tile and plastic laminate finishes as casually as I do the weather –this is a big source of comedy with my friends. I like that I know these things – But I am still a student and I am always learning more. I’m not sure why but, people are afraid to have me see their homes. I think this is funny b/c I have NEVER said anything bad about anyone’s home! I make suggestions only when asked. Someday I am going to walk into someone’s house and start screaming “Ahhhh!! No! Those curtains are awful! Take them down now! O! My eyes my eyes!! That shade of green is deathly!....”

6. I LOVE PICTURES. I had to stop buying frames b/c there is no more place for pictures in my little apartment. I love scrapbooks, photo albums, refrigerators covered with pictures and magnets, Big framed pictures with matting….I love taking pictures and picking them up and seeing them developed for the first time – I love enlargements, black and whites and sepia is my favorite!

7. I could live on cottage cheese and green olives alone. And a nice, crisp Pinot Grigio.
Oh yeah..and the Lemon Passion dessert at Macaroni Grill.

8. I am more excited about getting married to Kyle than I ever even imagined I could be. I have wondered before if I was even the type to get married and now I honestly cannot wait to say I do! – most of the time we look at each other and wish we could just be married right now, I mean we are ready!!! I hope that November 3rd is a great day that we will always cherish – but I am looking forward to the days after (and not just Hawaii).



Okay, that was a little indulgent..but, that is what the blogs all about anyways right?
Happy weekend all!! See some of you very soon!!!

Leslie