Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Mondays don't feel like Mondays...

Today is my next to last day at work. The fabulous and amazing people that I work with have decided that if I must leave then we must have food to commemorate the event. They have ordered Macaroni Grill catered food in and a cake for us all to have today at lunch as a little going away party for MOI!

I was so touched to hear about the plan and now today my stomach is growling and I can't wait for the food to get here. I heart Macaroni Grill so this was a great idea. I have been really blessed to work with such a great company and such lovely people. It has a very professional atmosphere at the same time that we are able to have fun and joke around as well. Sometimes people play funny music over the intercom and other times some singing/ drumming can be heard from one bay to the other... It has been a great place to work and I will definitely miss everyone when I leave. I am still a little in shock that that day will be tomorrow. My things are boxed up and my desk is empty...as excited as I am to move, it is really hard to think that after tomorrow I won't have this secure and safe job and I will be out there looking for another job.

The Garage Sale?

It went really well. We got up at 6:30 (yes, 6:30 on a Saturday) and went to put up our signs. Then we started setting up for the sale and we had people there looking before we knew it!

We kept it going until 2 and then we called it a day, counted our gains and took the rest to goodwill. We did pretty well overall and really got rid of almost everything. We had a small box of miscellaneous and a decent sized bag of clothes leftover and we were happy to see them gone soon after. Now we can get to work on packing all the junk that we want to keep!
Happy Monday!