Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So, Last Thursday as I was following a giant palm tree to work I was thinking about how excited I was to be going home for the weekend. It was all planned out - mom and I would search on Friday for bridesmaids dresses plus try on a few bridal gowns for me even though we fully intended on finding on in Florida at a later date. Saturday would begin with brunch and then a fabulous but grueling day of dress trying on and decision making. Sunday I would visit my father and then I would hop back on a plane to sunny Florida. Here's what really happened...

I landed in Tulsa about 11:00 on Thursday night, I was wearing.....just kidding, I'm not going into that much detail....
So Friday started off at Alyssa's Bridal(Oh wait! That was after Mom turned me back into a blonde!) after my the hair affair we headed to Alyssa's Bridal where Mom had made me an appt.


We picked out about 20 dresses and I began to try them on-
The first on I put on was DROP DEAD gorgeous! It was "The One", then I tried on another and it was not the one, then another, It was "The One" too!, Two more strikes and then.....I put IT on and I knew without a doubt that I would be walking down the aisle and marrying Kyle in that dress - It was so perfect. It was perfect for the beach, for my figure, for my wedding style, it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T, I had tears!

I tried on one more and it too was amazing but totally different. We looked at a few bridesmaids dresses and then we found the ONE which was totally nothing at all like I ever imagined. But it was perfect with my dress.
How could I have thought of getting a bridesmaids dress without a dress myself????
They work so beautiful together and suddenly it all came together, I could see it in my mind and I was so excited - I could picture everything now. So we shopped around to assure ourselves that we already had it decided and afterwards settled on showing everything to my gals the next day to get full opinion on everything.

Clearly all the years of friendship has prepared us for such moments. We were all on the same track. They knew which one was "THE ONE" and they knew which dress for them was perfect and they were on board and excited the whole time. It was the best day! Everything continued to fall in place - and we ended up with the whole day left to sit around and visit. And we used every minute of it! We ended up at my mom's house filling the room with stories and catching up. It's funny, we don't sit around and talk about the past to keep our friendship - we don't need to- we are involved in what is going on now in our lives - not dwelling on the early years. It's great to feel like we are just as close then - even though more disconnected in some ways. Somewhere in my mind 5 or 6 years ago I pictured us just this way. Married or getting close, mothers and mothers to be, our kids running around our babies laying in our arms sleeping.


I am so richly blessed to have so many amazing women in my life and to have shared to much of my life with them and to know that they are a part of who I am in so many ways and best of all to know that we our friendship is just as strong as ever.

So I found my wedding dress.

And I got off the plane to see Kyle waiting at the gate and I looked at him and fell in love with him all over again.
I am far from home. But with Kyle I am always home.

Thank you Mom and Heather, Pamela, Sara, and Sheralyn for making this trip home perfect and for being a part of Kyle and I's wedding. It means so much to me.


A few mushy and funny quotes I loved and wanted to share:


"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."

~Author Unknown

"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,A church filled with family and friends.I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,He said one that would make me his wife."

~Author Unknown

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."

-- Anonymous

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

-- Bernard Meltzer.


--Love ya--

-L


P.S. I promise to update our picture soon Heath!!! And I am going to post some pictures of Saturday on the wedding website!