Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Interview with a vampire.


I had an interview for a job last week and it seems that the first impression I made with my interviewer was my extremely cold hands. After shaking my hand she said, "Wow, your hands are freezing! Are you a vampire?....hee hee I have been reading a lot of vampire books!".


I bet you didn't think I was going to be the vampire in this story, huh?


While I have read the same vampire books I have to say that this was a weird beginning of the interview for me. The next part is that I ended up having to wait 45 minutes for the interview to begin which made me want to bite someone frankly...you know how we vampires are.


The next part of the interview gets less odd on the vampire front as there are no more references to my possible role in the Twilight Saga but, as far as an interview goes it turns out a bit different.


What I mean is that the actual interview questions were very uninterview like and much more personality test like. Instead of asking me about my experience, education, portfolio or work ethic these are the following questions that she asked:


1. Describe this room we are sitting in.

2. How do you like to shop?

3. Describe a time in your life when everything was great and going top notch.

4. Describe a time in your life when things weren't going great.

5. What was your best shopping experience?

6. What was your worst shopping experience?

7. Give me three words that your best friends would use to describe you.


And yeah...there were more but I can't even remember them - I felt like I was doing an interview for an article in Seventeen Magazine. I was upbeat and answered all the questions and actually had fun...kind of like writing in my diary...


I haven't got a call back so I don't think that I got the job...and although I do need the money and would have taken it I have some hope to work somewhere that is just a little more serious about the actual profession of design not about how I react when I have a super bad hair day...


Anywhoo - It was good to be interviewing and back out there on the job market. Of course with my only being awake during the night and my thirst for blood...the choices are slim.


Vampire out-