Tuesday, August 08, 2006

NEW YORK CITY
Well, we have safely returned from the Big Apple. It was a wonderful
weekend that I will never forget. I loved New York before-but now I love it even more. I saw so much more that I hadn't seen previously and I rfelt like I had barely skimmed the surface before. All the people and the chaos and the horns honking, the high rises and the scary transportation-
Kyle loved it as well, not to mention that he has chalked up plenty of brownie points to get him through the rest of the year! It was the best birthday present I have ever gotten. A list of some things we did and what we saw while we were in Manhattan.
Times Square, Empire State Building, Staten Island Ferry aka Statue of Liberty viewing, Central Park, A play in Central Park, Grand Central Station, Serendipity(a cute little desert restaurant), Rice to Riches(yummy dessert shop as seen in the movie HITCH, Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown-secret room and hidden doors in Chinatown, World Trade Center Site, New York City Fire Museum, Trump Towers, FAO Schwarz, Tiffany's, South seaport, flat iron building, New York Public Library, Jon's Pizzaria (rated #1 pizza in New York), Famous Original Ray's Pizza (part of the Ray's pizza historical controversy, Ellis Island, theatre district, Good Morning America-plus we got to meet Diane Sawyer and lots of other little bits of New York. It was a lot of fun, our hotel was amazing and we were so worn out that we both had a huge sigh of relief when we pulled back into our driveway last night.

lata'