Friday, November 30, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Well friends, we made it through another week. Whew! Back at work for the first full week since the wedding. Wow - is it hard to get back in the swing of things. Good thing Christmas is close! hee hee. Well, as you can tell my mood is much better having had the week to settle back in at home with Kyle. And by settling in I mean continuing to wade through our mess of an apartment. It is strewn with wedding things and hawaiian t-shirts, all kinds of food left over from the wedding week. But, it is home and we are happy to be there mess or no mess.
The goal for the weekend is to clean clean clean and then put up our tree and get ready for the happiest of holidays.

I want to do a quick shout out to all the new bloggers out there. A few new comments turned up on my last post and I was happy to find friends who just started their own blogs. One of them had this to say as an intro and I am going to steal her line and post it.

"Greetings friends and loved ones
This spot is where I will write my thoughts. Express myself. If you are invited to read any of these writings do not spread rumors or gossip. These are no one's thoughts and expressions other than my own. Your comments are welcome. Be merciful when commenting."


I think as fellow bloggers we all come to days where we are hurt or sad and want to spill our guts but are ever so careful, trying to tiptoe around things without saying what we mean and that is not why I started a blog. How can I "go overboard" as my blog title suggests without talking about anything that matters? I do not mean that we should post everything b/c our goal should never be to hurt people that we love, but as our online journals - shouldn't we feel that we don't have to constantly censor ourselves? Somethings do not belong in a blog but I believe that we as readers and writers should acknowledge that this should be a safe place to express ourselves. Descent from soapbox.

Well, back to work I go. Please keep my family in your prayers this week as we seem to be going through some tough times.

Leslie

P.S. I am working on a blog about both wedding and honeymoon! I promise it will be worth the wait in reading it! I am hoping to attach some good pictures too!

Have a fabulous beginning to December.